RUGBY SCHOOL JAPAN
Personal data provided to Rugby School Japan (RSJ) are used by the school to perform its administrative and educational functions.
RSJ collects personal data through the OpenApply application system, Google Forms, surveys and other channels. RSJ complies with all relevant data protection legislation in Japan.
The data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Date of birth
- Nationality and ID, such as passport
- Contact details, such as address, phone number and email address
- Academic history, assessments and reports
- Attendance of lessons
- Medical records and reports
- Family circumstances
- Fee payment methods
- Other schools a child may be enrolled at
- Video, audio and other information which lead to the identification of an individual
In addition to the above, data that may identify a particular individual when collated with other information are also regarded as personal data.
Use of Data
RSJ uses you and your child’s data for purposes including, but not limited to, the following.
- Enrolment-related purposes, such as admissions assessment, registration, planning of curricula, communication with parents and pupils, provision of references, pastoral care, extracurricular activities and provision of healthcare services
- Statistical metrics calculations relevant to school performance
- Operations-related purposes including, where appropriate, marketing, document management, assessment and reporting
- Regulatory compliance-related purposes including, where necessary, provision of data to educational authorities
- All other matters relating to the mission, function or operation of RSJ, as may be considered necessary and appropriate
All personal data provided to RSJ are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorised personnel only. All reasonably, practicable steps are taken to ensure that the data held by us are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. We take necessary and appropriate measures for the safe management of personal information, and maintain and improve the safety measures within a reasonable range so as to restrict access to your information by a third party.
RSJ may share personal data with the following entities.
- Entities to whom RSJ is compelled or required to provide data by law or in response to a request by a government agency, or where the public interest or RSJ interests so require
- Third-party service providers providing services to RSJ whether in Japan or overseas
- Entities considered by RSJ to be necessary or appropriate for supporting the enrolment, education, safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils as well as for school operations
- Another school where a child may enrol, or previous school where a child enrolled
- We determine it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of our school, community or third parties
- We have the prior consent of the individuals concerned
In the above cases where we entrust a third party to handle your personal data, we always conclude a confidentiality agreement with the outsourcee, confirm the safety of the information management system of the outsourcee, and perform necessary and appropriate supervision to enforce the agreement.
Access and Correction
You are able to request a copy of the administrative data held by RSJ about you, and to rectify outdated or erroneous data. We will respond to your request upon verification of identity.
Date: September 2022