Rugby school Japan Campus
The RSJ campus in Kashiwanoha Smart City includes many highlights such as:
- Timeless design inspired by Rugby School’s 450-year old architectural DNA, namely a traditional “quad”, townhouse building facade, and a modern interpretation of Butterfield architecture.
- Garden Campus, comprising twelve green areas within the newly landscaped RSJ grounds, including a central green courtyard, house gardens, Principal’s garden and rooftop gardens.
- Preservation of around 300 existing trees and planting of over 100 new trees on the former Chiba University horticulture campus site.
- Hybrid approach - renovating legacy structures and weaving in new buildings to create a one-of-a-kind sustainable boarding school campus.
- Sustainable architecture, drawing on Mitsui Fudosan’s experience in Zero Emission Buildings and Zero Energy Houses.